ranges of characters and the overabundance of traits that go with them

Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 13 15:40:55 PDT 2017

On 3/13/17 8:08 PM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Ugh.  What a horrible mess!
>
> I think, instead of wading through the specifics and losing sight of the
> forest for the myriad trees, we should take a step back and consider the
> big picture.

[snip excellent answer]

This is IMHO the right way forward. We (Phobos maintainers) created the
mess, now it's time to cleanup but not at the expense of the user.
All the isSomeString, isSomeOtherString can just be a reminiscent of the
old days that is internal to the implementation.

---
Dmitry Olshansky