Special Code String for mixins

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 15 11:55:55 PDT 2017

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 01:50:28PM +0000, Inquie via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> I hate building code strings for string mixins as it's very ugly and seems
> like a complete hack.
>
> How bout, instead, we have a special code string similar to a multiline
> string that allows us to represent valid D code. The compiler can then
> verify the string after compilation to make sure it is valid D code(since it
> ultimately is a compile time constant).

Have you looked up token string literals?

	enum myCode = q{
		// This is actually a string that looks like code
		void func() { }

		// Of course it allows token sequences that aren't valid
		// D, but that's not important because mixin() will
		// complain if it's malformed.
		float void is double null {[ 0* }]
	};

Not all rumours are as misleading as this one.