Why don't you advertise more your language on Quora etc ?

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 15 13:43:51 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 28 February 2017 at 23:29:24 UTC, Jared Jeffries
wrote:
> I've read the answer to questions like "Which is the best
> programming language to learn in 2017?".
>
> Nobody was telling anything about D, which is really sad,
> because in my opinion D could be one of the best answers to
> this question.
>
> I've answered this question. Better late than never.
>
> I suggest that other "happy users" of this language do the
> same...

I've written some stuff there.  Something I wrote on Python, that
was in a way an indirect suggestion to explore alternatives (and
I mentioned D), got 250k views and was sent to a few million
people (whether they read it, who knows!).  Of course it's not
the number of people that matters, but a few key people.  Weka
use D after hearing about it from a tweet from someone they
respected - and their use of D makes a big difference for others
that follow (there are others too, but they heard about D from
other routes).  One or two people at least explored D after
reading my post.

It's a good idea to get involved though, provided one doesn't
become an irritating language evangelist lacking in balance or
perspective.  D is good for some things and people in some
situations, but not for everyone.  It's enough that some people
who are receptive actually make the commitment to explore it -
over time, that will make quite a difference.  That's true, I
think, both for the outside world, and inside an organisation.