Why don't you advertise more your language on Quora etc ?

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 15 16:36:10 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 15 March 2017 at 21:10:49 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:

> A Jupyter kernel exists - written by John Colvin.  It works and
> I have used it, and you can write python in one sell and D in
> another.  It needs some work though, and so I am sure if
> somebody would like to contribute pull requests John would be
> happy to consider them.
>
> https://github.com/John-Colvin/PydMagic
>
> Well - I am not sure if it's officially a kernel as I can't
> remember how PydMagic works.  But in effect it gets you most of
> the way there and is usable.

I thought PydMagic allows one to call easily write D code to call
in some Python code in Jupyter. A D Jupyter kernel would allow
one to use Jupyter with D the same as one could use Python or R.
PydMagic probably gets part of the way there, and some other
projects mentioned above probably would help in other ways.

I consider it a nice-to-have, but I wouldn't give it a super high
priority. The real advantage is for getting people who would
otherwise use Python or R or other languages to use D. rdmd works
just fine for me.