The delang is using merge instead of rebase/squash

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 21 10:58:06 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 21 March 2017 at 12:45:45 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 21 March 2017 at 11:59:42 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
>> It's not good either. Why would I want to look at a DAG when
>> the serie of event is strictly linear to begin with ?
>
> Not sure what you mean here. The way it's presented is not a
> DAG.

Blue is red, up is down, and the commit graph is not a DAG.

>> "Our source control is completely broken, but that's not a
>> problem because we developed 3rd party tools to work around
>> the brokenness"
>
> That's fallacious.

If you can't bissect, it's broken.

Listen, you know it's broken because you wrote tools to work
around the brokenness. If it wasn't broken you wouldn't have
written these tools as there would be no need to do so. So let's
not play pretend.