Multi-commit PRs vs. multiple single-commit PRs

Daniel N via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 22 05:23:13 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 22 March 2017 at 11:35:11 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 22 March 2017 at 11:26:49 UTC, Daniel N wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 22 March 2017 at 10:49:37 UTC, Vladimir
>> Panteleev wrote:
>>>
>>> Ah, thanks. Could you link me to the relevant documentation?
>>
>> https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/project-configuration.html#submit_type
>
> Thanks. I don't see anything about squashing, though.

The documentation is not very obvious. IIRC it was this option...
"Create a new change for every commit not in the target branch:
false"
... but it also requires a specific submit type in combination
with that option which submits what is in the change-review
instead of what's in the branch. (this is useful because
reviewers can simply opt to fix a spelling error directly in the
browser rather than just commenting on it, totally avoiding the
normal ping-pong).