More exception classes into Phobos?

rikki cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 23 05:15:10 PDT 2017

On 24/03/2017 1:11 AM, Георгий wrote:
> On Thursday, 23 March 2017 at 09:31:23 UTC, Георгий wrote:
>>
>> NotImplementedException : Exception
>> UserInputException : Exception
>> IOException : Exception
>
> I am not sure already, NotImplementedException should be in Phobos.
> Something like this may be a part of vibe.d.
>
> But I still vote for two others. Especially for IOException.
> It's too common! It needed everywhere. Why every library, that works
> with streams, need to implement its own exception class for this?

I want to hear what Walter&Andrei have to say about memory management
before we start deciding about which if any should be implemented.

My suspicion is that we would need some specific logic to make the
memory management quite nice here which would require logic changes. So
anything done right now would be silly.