Learning programming with D - optimizing the entry point / the environment?

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 23 11:02:19 PDT 2017

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 05:51:42PM +0000, Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Thursday, 23 March 2017 at 17:39:04 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> > How about a four-dimensional crawler? :)
>
> What is that?

A game in which you navigate a (hypothetical, but mathematically
straightforward) universe that consists of 4 spatial dimensions.

I've actually written such a thing before... it's not that hard since
the math is pretty obvious.  And it can be represented on the screen
simply as an n*n grid in which each cell is an m*m grid, thus accounting
for all 4 dimensions.  Such a display may or may not be readily
understood by the player, though.  Presentation of 4D constructs on a 2D
screen is a tricky problem, to say the least. :-P

Век живи - век учись. А дураком помрёшь.