Multi-commit PRs vs. multiple single-commit PRs

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 23 22:10:54 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 23 March 2017 at 22:35:13 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Far as I understand (and please do correct me if I'm wrong)
> what's being discussed now does not qualify as new research and
> is a reopening of a previous discussion with no new evidence,

Actually I think there were some interesting new arguments
presented in this thread, as well as useful ancillary information
on Gerrit et al and other projects' practices.

> There really is no time for this kind of stuff if we want to
> scale. We should discuss how to make exceptions @nogc and
> reference counted strings and a bunch of other important and
> urgent things.

I think that if you do not think that discussing this subject any
further is worth your time, then you shouldn't allocate any of
your time time towards it. As previously mentioned, I don't think
the arguments presented here warrant changing the status quo, so
it is all theorizing.