Got compiler crash in Mangler::mangleFuncType

Uranuz via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 25 10:41:49 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 25 March 2017 at 17:31:33 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> On Saturday, 25 March 2017 at 13:34:43 UTC, Uranuz wrote:
>> On Saturday, 25 March 2017 at 07:57:11 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> If you wish to help. You are welcome) I created branch in my
>> repository `https://github.com/uranuz/ivy` called
>> `v0.1/fail_on_compiler_error`. Seems that error depends on the
>> order of source files that were passed to DMD. The way that
>> error occurs is using RDMD utility, by running command(in
>> project root folder):
>> rdmd "-Isrc/" -ofsimple_run_test test/simple_run_test.d
>>
>> [...]
>
> I can reproduce this.
> The function which fails is:
> DirAttrsBlock.this(DirAttrKind attrKind,
> DirValueAttr!true[string] attrs)

Yes. I fugured out that it fails on this line too. But I don't
understand why. Compiler fails on assert and doesn't give any
meaningful info about reasons. In release version of compiler
it's just segfault. And I don't understand why changing order of
source files passed to DMD makes it working... I'm not enough
good in knowlege of compiler internals, so it's surprise for me...