Platform support?

Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 27 02:55:20 PDT 2017

On Monday, 27 March 2017 at 09:47:52 UTC, JN wrote:
> I'm curious about something. What platforms exactly are
> supported by D? It's hard to find concrete data, and if
> anything it's all hidden in forum posts.
>
> Obviously Windows, Linux and macOS have good support. But what
> about mobiles? Android, iOS? Is it more like:
>
> - not supported at all
> - hello world works
> - most stuff works and you can interface with native OS APIs
> (Android NDK libraries etc.) ?
>
> How about Emscripten/WebAssembly?

What I have gathered from empirical experience on the desktop:

- dmd and ldc-1.0.0
   * Windows XP or later (officially: Vista or later)
   * OSX 10.7 or later

- ldc-1.1.0 or later
   * not sure about Windows XP anymore
   * not sure about OSX 10.7 anymore

- linux
   * for x86-64 architecture, work in major distributions without
issue