The nail in the coffin of C++ or why don't GO there...

dennis luehring via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 30 03:28:01 PDT 2017

Am 30.03.2017 um 08:58 schrieb Ervin Bosenbacher:
> That is the same, that came as a shock to me.

most compilers (for many languages) can optimize your super-trivial
example down to nothing - for at least the last 10 years or more

so whats the point? you're talkin about "performance is critical for me"
but missing even minor knowledge about todays compiler powers?

for a benchmark you need:
-loops, running millions of times, preventing IO and do now fall into
the completely-optimized-to-nothing-trap etc.