DMD VS2017 Support

Igor via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 1 01:03:21 PDT 2017

On Monday, 1 May 2017 at 01:54:30 UTC, evilrat wrote:
> On Sunday, 30 April 2017 at 16:05:10 UTC, Igor wrote:
>>
>> I should also mention that compiling using DUB works. It only
>> doesn't work from VS.
>
> Check your VisualD settings and make sure it has DMD path set
> up.
> See under Tools>Options>Projects and solutions>Visual D Settings

That was it. It didn't occur to me that this was the problem
because I payed closed attention during VisualD installation and
saw it properly recognized where DMD was installed but for some
reason the path wasn't set in Options. Once I did set it, compile
and build worked. Thanks evilrat!

So in conclusion it seems the problem is in VisualD installation
which doesn't set the path properly even though it recognizes
where DMD is installed. Hope the author takes a look at this
problem so beginners wanting to try D don't give up on a problem
like this.