What are we going to do about mobile?

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 1 09:27:57 PDT 2017

On 1 May 2017 at 18:18, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw at gdcproject.org> wrote:
> On 1 May 2017 at 17:47, Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d
> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>> Am Mon, 1 May 2017 14:44:35 +0200
>> schrieb Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>:

>>> With the latter also testing all crosses we can do (there are 18
>>> different gdc cross-compilers in Ubuntu, for 12 distinct
>>> architectures).
>>
>> BTW is there some documentation on how to update / rebuild these
>> debian / ubuntu packages with updated GDC sources?
>>
>> -- Johannes
>>

> Doubt it, the debian source packages are quite complex too - though
> there's only a few places that need changing, once you work out
> exactly *where*.
>
> As you're just updating GDC sources, it should just be a case of
> replacing the gdc tarball with a new copy, and the rest is already
> handled.

Though for the purpose of CI, we could either build the toolchain
ourselves - either using https://crosstool-ng.github.io, or re-use the
existing cross toolchains in Ubuntu - in both cases, cache the
finished set-up in a docker image.  Building GDC would be still done
by hand just to keep things simple, which should only be a case of
configuring the correct host and target triplet (or maybe
http://build-gdc.readthedocs.io :-)