DConf Hackathon Ideas

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 1 10:04:42 PDT 2017

On 1 May 2017 at 16:51, Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On Monday, 1 May 2017 at 14:38:11 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
>>
>> On Thursday, 27 April 2017 at 16:33:02 UTC, singingbush wrote:
>>>
>>> SDL should be dropped.
>>

>> Deprecated, sure.  But dropping it seems a bad idea given that various
>> projects do still use it for their DUB package config.
>>
>>> NOBODY USES IT!
>>

>> Probably not true.  Perhaps a hackathon project could be to create a
>> little app to find which projects on GitHub (or at least code.dlang.org)
>> still use a `dub.sdl`, and auto-submit a PR to fix that? :-)
>

> I love SDL and much prefer it over JSON for DUB configs. Use it for all of
> my D projects. It looks cleaner and supports comments. I really would hate
> to see support dropped.

We should make XML the default config format for DUB.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<dub
  xmlns="http://code.dlang.org/"
  <project
    name="gdcproject"
    description="The vibe.d server application running gdcproject.org."
    copyright="Copyright © 2014, Iain Buclaw">
    <authors>
      <author name="Iain Buclaw">
    </authors>
    <dependencies>
      <dependency name="vibe-d" version="0.7.22">
      <dependency name="mustache-d" version="0.1.0">
    </dependencies>
    <versions>
      <version name="VibeDefaultMain">
    </versions>