D and SCons

Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 2 15:05:48 PDT 2017

On 5/2/17 2:20 PM, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Prompted by Bill Deegan (*), I have started a SCons wiki page on D
> support. Even if you do not actually use SCons for D code, if you are
> interested in D you are interested in this page as it is another
> marketing vector for D.

I've come to like SCons for my C++ projects. Way more so than say CMake.
It would be awesome to have full-fledged support for D there esp. in
mixed C++ with D setup.

> Two things:
>
> 1. Can people check what is there, and that it has veracity, or at
> least verisimilitude.

Not sure what you mean but did a quick look on the text. The compiler
section and "Some general thoughts" feels a bit copy-pasty. I would also
replace "to create the system" with "to create the compiler" or some such.

> 2. Add new good SCons and D related stuff that puts D (and SCons
> obviously) in a good light.
>
> 3. Think of how to add some icons and images to the text to make the
> page look less a dry academic treatise.

Could use some from:
http://dlang.org/download.html

> OK, off-by-one error. No error in the URL though. Please go here:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/wiki/D%20Language%20Support
>

> (*) The de facto leader of the SCons Project just now, and the person
> putting in time to make sure all the D-related stuff I am putting into
> SCons goes in in good order.

---
Dmitry Olshansky