Upgrading the minimum version of FreeBSD supported

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun May 7 08:43:20 PDT 2017

On Sunday, April 2, 2017 8:40:15 PM CEST Brad Roberts via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> I grabbed the official 10.3-CURRENT vm image from the freebsd website
> and gave it a whirl.  For the 64 bit test run, the only failure was
> std.datetime unit tests failure.  Apparently LocalTime().stdName is null
> and the assert at line 28248 fails. There's at least one additional
> failure on 32 bits in allocator/building_blocks/region.d line 652.  I
> ran out of time to dig for today, but the bottom line is that 10.3 isn't
> ready to be the base platform for dmd as is.  Chances are it could be
> with only a little work though.

The std.datetime failure is due to known FreeBSD bug, but it's affected by
the local time, and apparently, it works in America/Los_Angeles but not in
UTC (which is why I wasn't seeing it). I'll commit a workaround shortly,
though I still need to figure out how to push the fix in FreeBSD through so
that FreeBSD doesn't have the bug anymore...

- Jonathan M Davis