Thoughts on some code breakage with 2.074

Brian Schott via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 8 11:33:19 PDT 2017

Recently the EMSI data department upgraded the compiler we use to
build our data processing code to 2.074. This caused several of
the thousands of processes to die with signal 8 (floating point
exceptions). This was caused by the fix to issue 17243.

This is a good thing. We need more breaking changes like this.

Now that the floating point exceptions are properly enabled we
were able to track down some issues that were being silently
ignored.