Trivially obvious to the most casual observer

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 9 12:48:01 PDT 2017

On 5/9/2017 1:12 AM, Ethan Watson wrote:
> So, as Walter would say, "It's trivially obvious to the casual observer."

I was surprised to learn at DConf that "trivially obvious to the most casual
observer" was an unknown expression. Googling it shows only around 10 hits, none
predating 2005.

I learned it at Caltech in the 1970s, where it was applied to concepts and
proofs that were exceptionally difficult to follow.

I suppose that from now on if you hear the phrase, you can conclude that the
source is from the set of:

1. techers

2. D programmers

:-)