Jonathan Blow's presentation

Era Scarecrow via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 9 16:58:13 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 9 May 2017 at 23:47:46 UTC, Era Scarecrow wrote:
> Seems some games they decided the small amount of time spent
> decompressing audio and textures was too high <snip> since the
> console hardware is seriously behind PC hardware.

Found an appropriate articles Regarding Titanfall (a few years
ago), although that's for PC and the reason for giving a boost to
'underpowered PC's', although i could have sworn they did it for
consoles more. Still ridiculous in my mind.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Titanfall-Needs-50GB-of-Space-on-PC-Due-to-Uncompressed-Audio-Files-431586.shtml

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3128214/software-games/why-pc-game-downloads-are-so-damned-big.html

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132922-Titanfall-Dev-Explains-The-Games-35-GB-of-Uncompressed-Audio