Fantastic exchange from DConf

Patrick Schluter via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 10 05:06:46 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 10 May 2017 at 06:28:31 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 09:19:08PM -0400, Nick Sabalausky
[...]
> Perhaps I'm just being cynical, but my current unfounded
> hypothesis is that the majority of C/C++ programmers ...

Just a nitpick, could we also please stop conflating C and C++
programmers? My experience is that C++ programmer are completely
clueless when it comes to C programming? They think they know C
but it's generally far away. The thing is, that C has evolved
with C99 and C11 and the changes have not all been adopted by C++
(and Microsoft actively stalling the adoption of C99 in Visual C
didn't help either).