DConf 2017 Hackathon report

Adrian Matoga via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 10 12:28:18 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 9 May 2017 at 13:19:12 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:

> But it was very awesome to be able to go around and find the
> people to discuss a PR/idea without going through a forum
> thread. I think there's a psychological barrier that happens
> when you post a complete argument, and then your counterpart
> forms an interpretation in their mind of what the argument
> means, forms their complete counter argument, and neither side
> really understands what the other is saying or willing to do.
> Doing it in person allows so much more interaction -- you can
> cut off early any misinterpretations. It's also harder to be
> nasty in person :)

+1!
For the same reasons, it's also a lot easier for people who don't
use English as their 1st language to express their ideas as one
doesn't need to spend time carefully looking up the meaning of
words to make sure the "complete argument" will be understood as
intended. :)