DConf 2017 Hackathon report

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 10 12:46:01 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 9 May 2017 at 04:35:40 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> Please list what we've achieved during the hackathon, including
> what is started but is likely to be finished in the coming days
> or months.

Created a working snap package definition for GDC.  I'm
coordinating with Iain on how to get this into the snap store
most effectively (having spent a fair bit of the hackathon
pestering him with questions about the GDC build procedure:-).

Ironically, given that I'd always been worried this would be the
most finnicky compiler snap to create, it's actually the simplest
package definition out of all the Big 3 ;-)

I also had a play with using the new `scope return` etc.
functionality to prototype a safe design for random algorithms
that wrap a pointer to an RNG.  That's probably going to take a
while longer to put together, as I've run into some issues that I
really need to reduce to a very simple test case.