NetBSD amd64: which way is the best for supporting 80 bits real/double?

Nikolay via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 10 19:05:11 PDT 2017

I am porting LDC to NetBSD amd64, and I ask advice how to handle
real type. NetBSD has limited support for this type. This type
exists, but standard library does not provide full set of math
functions for it (e.g. sinus, cosinus, and etc). Currently I just
forward all function calls to 64 bits version counterparts, but
in this case a set of unit tests are failing. I see following
approaches to handle this issue:
    - Totally remove 80 bit real type from NetBSD port (make
real==double)
    - Change tests and skip asserts for NetBSD

There is one additional approach: implement these functions in
druntime, but it is too big/massive work for me.