"I made a game using Rust"

JN via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 10 22:33:04 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 10 May 2017 at 18:20:01 UTC, zetashift wrote:
> On Wednesday, 10 May 2017 at 12:52:34 UTC, JN wrote:
>> I wonder, would it be possible for D in the current state to
>> achieve the same? I imagine iOS isn't possible yet and Android
>> is just getting there?
>
> Reading this thread while going through the online D book I
> wonder;
> Would one recommend D for gamedev? I was thinking of writing
> small games with the help of SFML to learn D better and try to
> get better at programming game logic(DLang is my second
> programming language).

I've been using D for little 2D games for Windows and it's an
excellent choice. I never bothered to set up debugging properly,
I mostly rely on printf debugging and stacktrace after crashes
though. But you have access to libraries like SDL/SFML,
Box2D/Chipmunk, for 2D game you don't really need much more. And
it's definitely more fun than C/C++.