Fantastic exchange from DConf

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 11 03:31:01 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 11 May 2017 at 09:39:57 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Saturday, 6 May 2017 at 06:26:29 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> Walter: Anything that goes on the internet.
> https://bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1252&desc=5 - a vulnerability in an application that doesn't go on the internet.

To be fair, if you're not on the internet, you're unlikely to get
any files that will trigger that bug in Microsoft's malware
checker, as they noted that they first saw it on a website on the
internet.  Of course, you could still get such files on a USB
stick, which just highlights that unless you completely shut in
your computer from the world, you can get bit, just slower and
with less consequences than on the internet.

I wondered what that Project Zero topic had to do with Chromium,
turns out it's a security team that google started three years
ago to find zero-day holes in almost any software.  That guy from
the team also found the recently famous Cloudbleed bug that
affected Cloudflare.

They have a blog up that details holes they found in all kinds of
stuff, security porn if you will: ;)

https://googleprojectzero.blogspot.com