Fantastic exchange from DConf

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 11 09:31:51 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 11 May 2017 at 09:39:57 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> https://bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1252&desc=5 - a vulnerability in an application that doesn't go on the internet.

This link got me thinking: When will we see the first class
action lawsuit for criminal negligence for not catching a buffer
overflow (or other commonly known bug) which causes identity
theft or loss of data?

Putting aside the moral questions, the people suing would have a
good case, given the wide knowledge of these bugs and the
availability of tools to catch/fix them. I think they could prove
negligence/incompetence and win given the right circumstances.

Would be an interesting question to pose to any managers who
don't want to spend time on security.