DConf 2017 Hackathon report

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 11 10:56:00 PDT 2017

On 10 May 2017 at 22:04, David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 10 May 2017 at 19:46:01 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
>>
>> Ironically, given that I'd always been worried this would be the most
>> finnicky compiler snap to create, it's actually the simplest package
>> definition out of all the Big 3 ;-)
>

> Without even having seen your snap file, I can confidently say that this is
> just due to the idiosyncrasies of the snap environment, though.
>
> Oh wait, no, GDC is still stuck on an ancient C++-based frontend. Not too
> surprising, then. ;P
>
>  — David

I can only infer that you are saying that using a D project means it's
more difficult to get working with snap.  To which I will insert an
obligatory "Woah!", and "I expect you to know better" rebuttal.

Woah, I expect you to know better.

Iain.