D is really cool

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat May 13 04:05:26 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 13 May 2017 at 06:47:54 UTC, nkm1 wrote:

> Atilla's library... but, as someone on Reddit said, at the
> moment that is rather "unergonomic".
> I'm sure that will get better over time, though. At least I
> don't see why not. Most of what is needed is already there.

The problem with trying to satisfy Reddit is that they want the
GC removed from the language. They want it off by default, they
want all language features to work without the GC, they want all
of Phobos to be free of the GC, and they want all code anyone
else writes in D to be written without the GC in case they want
to call that code.

I'm all for adding additional features to the language for those
that prefer to avoid the GC. But that's not what the anti-GC
coalition is asking for.