DIP 1003 Formal Review

Timon Gehr via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat May 13 18:30:19 PDT 2017

On 14.05.2017 00:07, Petar Kirov [ZombineDev] wrote:

>> How would you feel about:
>>
>> if(condition){ then(); }
>> { otherwise(); }
>
> I don't see any problem, ...

The intention is that in this _hypothetical_ (hence "would") grammar
(which is somewhat analogous to what is proposed in 3), the second block
would bind to the if-statement as the 'else' case, but I see how that is
confusing.

> And my case still stands - if you were to format the code like this:

Again, this is not about formatting. Reformat the code as you wish. With
your reformatting, it would actually be even less obvious.