Weak Eco System?

WebFreak001 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 16 09:31:54 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 16 May 2017 at 14:51:29 UTC, Benro wrote:
> **Visual Studio Code code-d:**
>
> * Installed.
>
> * Gave warning to install Workspaces-d. Auto installed
> Workspaces-d. Restarted.
> * Gave warning for DUB, DCD, etc ... Auto installed all
> dependances.
>
> Again issues. Code formatting etc worked but no code hinting or
> any advanced features. Looks more or less like a colored editor
> with formatting. Looked for solution, nothing found.
>
> Usability: 2/10 ( Color Syntax, Code formatting worked )
>
> 4 Hours work. Discouraged and gave up after this.

Sorry to hear that, usually the issue is directly logged to the
developer tools (Ctrl-Shift-P -> Toggle Developer Tools) which
you can just send in as issue on https://github.com/Pure-D/code-d
if it is broken. It should always have basic auto completion for
the current file and project auto completion for dub projects
(but not sub packages) as well as linting the file when saving
and even showing build errors when using dub. If it can't find
the D import directory (std, core) then it should also show a
warning to you so I don't really know what went wrong without the
log. In the next big version update the log will be easier to
access by the output tab in vscode.