Weak Eco System?

Benro via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 16 14:08:34 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 16 May 2017 at 17:14:49 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
> For example the build.bat fix could have been made and merged
> in 10 min. if you would have took the time to report it!

First of all. ! is not appreciated. This is considered yelling.

Second. The dscanner issue was listed on there own Git "build.bat
is out of date" for over 3 months. So please do not poke people
about not reporting a issue, that is already known for 3 months.
And in case of dscanner, using dup worked just as well but you
need to figure it our yourself.

And for your information, i reported SEVERAL issues each time i
gave D a try. More then half the times it ended up being a issue
with dcd or dscanner. Why do i need to defend myself from you?
Very welcoming attitude.

Some authors responded fast but had been unable to fix the issue
because it was:

* DCD ( Twice ).
* Incompatibility between D versions, plugin was not updated.
Solved it with running the older D version.
* A 3th party plugin, that was use was incompatibility ( one with
a version issue and one where it did not fix a D regression issue
).

I do not take away from the editor authors there hard word but
when they need to rely on dscanner, dcd etc for stability, they
end up with bug reports that are constantly not there issue.

Getting blasted for supposedly not reporting bugs irks the hell
out of me. The Code-d issue i have nothing to report because
there is not a single error message. It simply does not work.
Output is clean. Workspace-d reported no issue. Bug report: It
does not work. Yea, the author will love that one. O_o

The IntelliJ IDEA, yea, i need to report that one but i was tired
after the whole installation cycle. I tried that one in the end.
That was my bad.

I rather post it here and bring focus on the whole issue then
simply report it on git and then months later coming back to see
nothing has changed ( again and again ).