Weak Eco System?

ezneh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 17 04:08:00 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 17 May 2017 at 10:48:40 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 5/17/17 4:19 AM, Benro wrote:
>> I wonder if the inability for D community to grow is not more
>> related to the fairly noticeable arrogant attitude of its
>> members.
>>
>> One only need to read past messages on this forum to see the
>> exact same issue over and over again. People mention issues
>> and the standard response: "Why do you not do x" or act with a
>> sense of superiority.
>
> Thanks for your comments. I agree we should improve the tone in
> our community. I have also gotten much feedback recently about
> the first five minutes experience, even before getting to hefty
> propositions like authoring an IDE (or plugin). There will be
> changes in that area coming soon. All points are well taken.
> Thanks! -- Andrei

Well, I recently tried to get C++ working on windows (Trying to
learn it too along with D).

I can say that unless you use Visual Studio, it is a real pain to
make any other environment working on it. I can't understand
_why_ there are different implementations of the C++ standard
library and they are not compatible with every compiler. It's
like if LDC, GDC and DMD had their own standard library and
"peace out".

It was really a terrible experience. Thankfully, D is really much
simpler to get working (if we don't use Visual Studio).