Replacing std.math raw pointer arithmetic with a union type

tsbockman via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 17 07:29:35 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 17 May 2017 at 13:09:45 UTC, Simen Kjærås wrote:
> On the topic of format support: the details of ibmExtended
> seems to leak a lot - would it be possible to encapsulate that
> better? I realize it's a weird format and some leakage may be
> unavoidable, but currently it seems basically every function
> you've converted contains a happy path dealing with every other
> format, and a special case for ibmExtended.

Sadly, no. I don't think that it's possible to share the same
code for ibmExtended; it's just too different. I am, however,
open to just dropping it entirely. I believe the current
implementation for ibmExtended is completely broken, so this
wouldn't be a regression.

> All in all, this seems solid, and a great improvement over the
> current state.
>
> --
>   Simen

Thanks for taking a look! Would you mind leaving a "Looks good to
me" comment on the Github page?