Weak Eco System?

Moritz Maxeiner via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 17 14:51:45 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 16 May 2017 at 14:51:29 UTC, Benro wrote:
> A quick summary trying to get D and a some IDEs running on a
> Windows environment.
>
> [...]

Thanks for the overview. This topic pops up fairly regularly; the
gist - from my point of view - is this:
While what we currently have is severely lacking when compared to
other programming languages, from my observation it seems good
enough for the majority of people currently using D (though that
view is solely based on reading through this forum, so take it
with salt).
That means it seems highly unlikely to me you will get someone to
do a lot work on this for you for free.
Your options (with regards to affecting change) as I see them are
as follows:
- Pay someone to do it
- Do it yourself
- Try to convince others to do work you consider worth doing
As I stated above, I doubt the last option will work given what
we have.