Weak Eco System?

qznc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 19 04:06:04 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 18 May 2017 at 05:43:48 UTC, Manu wrote:
> On 17 May 2017 at 00:51, Benro via Digitalmars-d <
> digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> 4 Hours work. Discouraged and gave up after this.
>>

> Visual Studio proper is the only IDE that 'just works' well,
> VisualD is
> very good.
> MonoDevelop also has good 'just works' support last I checked,
> but
> debugging is much better in Visual Studio.

Maybe there should be a more precise description what works.

I guess Syntax Highlighting works nearly everywhere. Formatting
mostly works, but people need to configure dfmt. I would assume
refactoring works nowhere, not even VisualD.

I have no Windows, I cannot try VisualD, so do not really know.
It would require an integrated parser instead of using the usual
external tools (dftm, etc).