DIP 1008 Preliminary Review Round 1

rikki cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 19 09:13:34 PDT 2017

On 19/05/2017 4:45 PM, Mike Parker wrote:
> DIP 1008 is titled "Exceptions and @nogc".
>
> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/DIP1008.md
>
> All review-related feedback on and discussion of the DIP should occur in
> this thread. The review period will end at 11:59 PM ET on June 2 (3:59
> AM GMT June 3), or when I make a post declaring it complete.
>
> At the end of Round 1, if further review is deemed necessary, the DIP
> will be scheduled for another round. Otherwise, it will be queued for
> the formal review and evaluation by the language authors.
>
> Extensive discussion of this DIP has already taken place in two threads,
> both linked from the document. You may find it beneficial to skim
> through those threads before posting any feedback here.
>
> Thanks in advance to all who participate.
>
> Destroy!

"Code that needs to leak the thrown exception object can clone the object."

Errors:
```D
import std.stdio;
void main() {
	auto e = new Exception("foo");
	e = e.dup;
	writeln(e.toString());
}
```

Let's just say, I am unaware of a way to duplicate classes. Assuming I'm
messing something, a code example would be very appreciated in the DIP.