Value closures (no GC allocation)

Francesco Zoffoli via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat May 20 18:04:16 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 21 May 2017 at 00:43:58 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Sunday, 21 May 2017 at 00:33:30 UTC, Vittorio Romeo wrote:
>
> just manually writing out the struct functor being another
> viable one. The c++ syntax sugar is nice, but I can live
> without it.

Assembler is viable as well, but it's not nice to manually do
what a computer can do faster and better, especially if it's an
artificial limitation.

But I do agree that scope is a solution in this specific case.
There was also some discussion of a syntax to use allocators in
closures (of course nothing even close to definitive) here
https://forum.dlang.org/thread/blvfxcbfzoyxowsfzlhn@forum.dlang.org

Btw I'm happy to see you finally picked up D. You are going to
enjoy it a lot!