My two cents on what D needs to be more successful...

Basile B. via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun May 21 03:14:19 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 21 May 2017 at 05:52:11 UTC, Ecstatic Coder wrote:
> Since a few months, I'm using D for all my command-line tools.
>
> For that use case, the language and its standard libraries are
> really perfect, making it the best scripting language I know,
> completely exploding JavaScript, Python, Ruby, etc.
>
> Now I would like to also use it to develop :
>
> [...]
>
> * a dedicated IDE, allowing to effortlessly
> open/compile/execute/debug a single ".d" file

It's one of the basement of Coedit. There is the runnable module
system as well as the support for DUB single file package.
http://bbasile.github.io/Coedit/features_runnables.

> as well as an entire project.

Also supported by the same product. I would be sad to learn you
missed this !
http://bbasile.github.io/Coedit/features_projects

> [...]
>
> know that several IDE are already available.
>
> For instance, Coedit is a nice little IDE, despite its bugs and
> limitations.

(author here) I don't get much bug reports. Usually i find the
bugs myself since i'm a hardcore user of the product. Don't think
too much, if you encounter a problem then report it:
https://github.com/BBasile/Coedit/issues