My two cents on what D needs to be more successful...

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun May 21 11:29:46 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 21 May 2017 at 05:52:11 UTC, Ecstatic Coder wrote:
> * the following *standard* libraries :

Suppose I made a dmd distribution with my libraries pre-packaged
(I already have libraries for most the stuff you listed)... would
that work for you? Or must it come from the dlang.org site and be
`std.` for it to count?

I have no interest whatsoever in being in the official standard
library though. Of course, using my libs is pretty trivial...
download one or two files and add them to your build command,
done.