My two cents on what D needs to be more successful...

thedeemon via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 22 03:40:54 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 21 May 2017 at 19:33:35 UTC, Ecstatic Coder wrote:
> I would have to evaluate several libraries from github, after
> having searches on forums whether some regular expression
> libraries are better or more successful, or better maintained
> than other, etc.

No need to trawl github, just go to code.dlang.org and you'll
quickly find what libs are available and which ones are actively
maintained.

> So for newcomers like me, they make a HUGE difference, as they
> make my life simpler and easier.
> I would have appreciated to have a default GUI library, even if
> it's not perfect, and even if some better alternative could
> exist on github.

And I would have appreciated if Middle East guys stopped fighting
and made their region nice and pleasant as Switzerland. Or if
folks of Sudan and Uganda made their countries as prosperous and
convenient to live in as Singapore and Germany. That would make
life simpler and easier, for many newcomers. ;)

You are exactly the 146-th person to come here and say "std lib
should be richer, and more docs and tutorials should be written".
Unfortunately there is no automatic tool to convert these
requests and suggestions into reality without using a lot of
manpower.