My two cents on what D needs to be more successful...

Ecstatic Coder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 22 05:25:22 PDT 2017

> You are exactly the 146-th person to come here and say "std lib
> should be richer, and more docs and tutorials should be
> written". Unfortunately there is no automatic tool to convert
> these requests and suggestions into reality without using a lot
> of manpower.

Don't worry I'm on that too.

Simply at the moment, I'm currently writing a D tutorial for
total beginners, based on the materials I made to teach
programming to my children.

As the theory and exercises are currently in French, I'll have
translate them, which will take some time.

And now I'm also maintaining several open source tools.

As for everybody my free time is limited, but I'll do my best to
test the future std libs, and help debug them.