OT: Re: My two cents on what D needs to be more successful...

Moritz Maxeiner via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 22 08:35:39 PDT 2017

On Monday, 22 May 2017 at 13:59:16 UTC, handG wrote:

>>> Germany - no no, the muslim (so called refugees) thugs,
>>> rapist and murders arrived here now.
>>> Bad example!! Thanks america.
>>
>> This is totally off topic, which is why I split off the thread.
>> The percentage of such people with regards to all refugees is
>> not worrisome when compared to the percentage of such people
>> with regards to the people with German citizenship; see IMK
>> Bericht 2016 [1].
>> Also, considering the excellent solve rate of most (reported)
>> crimes here, even if it were worrisome in the short term,
>> there would be no need to be concerned with regards to long
>> term effects.
>> Additionally, blaming an entire people for the actions of
>> their government is ludicrous, especially since our own
>> government happily assists with the USA government's drone
>> murders (i.e. war crimes).
>>
>> [1]
>> https://www.bka.de/DE/AktuelleInformationen/StatistikenLagebilder/PolizeilicheKriminalstatistik/PKS2016/pks2016_node.html
>
> 1.) we have no sovereignty (until 2099) over the us bases and
> HAVE to pay for them -

Those are reasonable consequences for an unconditional surrender
and it's not as if we couldn't afford it. Not to mention that
these bases have people living in them that often go out and
spend their money in the surrounding communities, which in turn
generates both income for the (native) people living there, as
well as taxes that are used for e.g. keeping the infrastructure
in those communities maintained.

> that makes us a still occupied (by so called friends) country

1.) That is not what occupation means. If you want to call it
something, "observation with preemptive capabilities" would be
appropriate.
2.) There are no friends in politics, only ever shifting
allegiances.

> 2.) http://www.refcrime.info/de/verbrechen/karte/  --
> https://www.unzensuriert.at/einzelfall

1.) Neither of those websites cite reputable sources (online
media outlets are not a reputable source for crime reports, since
they necessarily have to work on a "publish first, check only if
harsh backlash occurs" schedule to remain competitive) for their
data and are thus irrelevant as aggregators.
2.) With around 6000000 crimes (yes, that is 6 million) reported
in the year 2016 alone in Germany, the around 270000 supposed
crimes (and this number is not per year, but overall total) on
the first of those two websites are below 0.5 percent:
Statistical noise, aka not relevant.
3.) The 2nd of those two websites is specifically about single
cases and is such utterly irrelevant for a statistical analysis
(which is the only kind that makes any sense on this scale).