My two cents on what D needs to be more successful...

Ecstatic Coder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 23 13:52:42 PDT 2017

Ok, I agree with what you say.

Indeed, it sounds logical to suppose that the developers of the
best libraries in each domain won't probably accept that their
work is adapted to be promoted to the status of standard
libraries, just to keep the full control on them.

That's sad, because I still consider that D's popularity could
improve a lot if it was also equipped "by default" to be a rapid
application development environment for cross-platform connected
web/desktop/mobile applications, but now I've clearly understood
why this will never happen.