My two cents on what D needs to be more successful...

Ecstatic Coder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 23 15:14:22 PDT 2017

> So we just need ranking in code.dlang.org?

Again, I'm not saying that these libraries don't exist.

I'm saying that there are many alternatives to choose from, which
is fine, but sometimes, not having to search, evaluate and test
third-party libraries can be a benefit to the user of a new
programming language.

It seems that I'm a good example of this kind of "dumb"
programmer, who prefer to have everything already prepared.

Some people like to buy meat, vegetables etc, and cook all that
to prepare lasagne or chinese food all by themselves.

Personally, my wife prepares these delicious dishes for me, and
I'm perfectly happy with that.

Some people prefer that things are already prepared for them and
immediately ready to use, some others don't, and prefer to do all
the experiments by themselves until they have found exactly what
is best for them.

Not everybody is the same, that's all what I'm saying.

And some of the programmers who try D might not like to take time
searching for these libraries, and decide that D is not enough
"operational" by their standard, whether it's true or not.

The problem is that all the people on this forum are by
definition those who haven't rejected the D language for that
reason.

I know at least two fellow programmers who tried it on my advice,
and told me that "indeed D is nice but to do xxx it's still
easier with yyy".

I tried to explained that with this post, and what could be a
solution for that problem, but obviously that was pointless.