DMD VS2017 Support

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 23 20:21:56 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 23 May 2017 at 23:11:30 UTC, Jolly James wrote:
> Come one, let's be ones: If DMD has no x64 linker, VS
> integration is not a bit optional.

Unlike some other operating systems, 64-bit Windows versions can
run 32-bit software just fine. If you require targeting Win64 (or
the Microsoft C runtime), that is specific to your use case.

And, again, Visual Studio is not required if you want to target
Win64 - only the necessary toolchain components (linker and C
runtime), which you can also obtain from an SDK.

> So you are telling me "not working at all" is not worth
> releasing a fix? xD

Again, everything should be already working. We are talking about
a convenience feature that automatically sets up the D compiler's
configuration file, nothing more. That's all there is to the
"integration". You can trivially do the same thing by hand, or
set up your environment accordingly - all in a fraction of the
time it took you to write these pointless complaints on this
forum.