My two cents on what D needs to be more successful...

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 23 21:04:53 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 23 May 2017 at 21:21:45 UTC, Guillaume Piolat wrote:
> http://code.dlang.org/packages/arsd

So actually, the dub thing for mine is

http://code.dlang.org/packages/arsd-official/~master

the other was a third party thing that is now obsolete (and imo
this shows one of the weaknesses of dub right now... the list
order is just most recent explicit update and old things can't be
removed afaik)

>>   - std.input (get mouse/touchscreen/etc events)
>
> Honestly you are better off with using SDL.

oh my simpledisplay does that too! and 2d/3d drawing. and
combined with minigui does user interface (though minigui still
isn't quite done)

I am tempted to package my stuff with dmd as a one-stop
download... but idk if it is really beneficial since my stuff is
so easy to download and use anyway with my policy of independent
files.