Weak Eco System?

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 24 09:03:23 PDT 2017

On 22 May 2017 at 18:56, qznc via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
> wrote:

> On Thursday, 18 May 2017 at 05:43:48 UTC, Manu wrote:
>
>> On 17 May 2017 at 00:51, Benro via Digitalmars-d <
>> digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>>
>>> 4 Hours work. Discouraged and gave up after this.
>>>

>> Visual Studio proper is the only IDE that 'just works' well, VisualD is
>> very good.
>> MonoDevelop also has good 'just works' support last I checked, but
>> debugging is much better in Visual Studio.
>>

> We could use a more precise statement than "just works".

I said: "'just works' well"...
It's a deliberately imprecise statement. For me, it means, it didn't
require ANY action from me to make it work, and it 'just works' well enough
that I rarely think about it; it tends to do what I expect, when I expect
it to, as compared to other industry standard tooling. Since this is a
Visual Studio plugin, it is being measured against the VC++ and C#
experiences.