Warning, ABI breakage from 2.074 to 2.075

Basile B. via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 25 03:42:44 PDT 2017

Static libraries that are
- compiled with dmd 2.074 (maybe previous versions too)
- call format() in their API

will be responsible for strange errors when used by programs
compiled with dmd 2.075. People will see their software raising a
FormatException (orphan argument) for no reason. When the static
library will be recompiled with dmd 2.075 the errors will
disappear.

I haven't investigated much since there's been a non trivial
amount of change in std.format() during the this spring. I don't
know what to do with this facts except to report them here.