Are there any known remaining deadlock bugs in OPTLINK?

Arjan via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 25 11:37:27 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 25 May 2017 at 14:16:41 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:

> - Does OPTLINK use threads or thread synchronization primitives?
> - Is anyone aware of any threading/deadlock bugs in OPTLINK?
> - Any known workarounds? Like setting CPU affinity?

Back in the days when I was using the DigtalMars C++ compiler on
almost a daily basis I always setted CPU affinity on HT/multicore
machines for optlink.exe to avoid lockups.

I'm not aware whether or not there have been any fixes or changes
to optlink.exe over the past 8 years regarding this issue.